Administrative Assistant for AI in Liberal Arts
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Administrative Assistant for Artificial Intelligence in the Liberal Arts position. The Administrative Assistant for AI in the Liberal Arts is a part-time (20-hour per week), academic year position, starting at $20.93 per hour. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they demonstrate competencies that support this broadly diverse community.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Professor of Computer Science in the development and implementation of the Artificial Intelligence in the Liberal Arts (AILA) initiative. This position will manage the AILA budget; administer hiring and payroll for a diverse group of AILA fellows; manage AILA follows; arrange and facilitate weekly AILA fellow meetings; coordinate AILA events; manage AILA publicity; work with offices across campus to facilitate implementation of AILA program elements; collect and maintain records for AILA impact metrics; help to prepare AILA annual report.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage AILA budget; including handling reimbursements and honoraria, processing and reconciling receipts, monitoring spending, and projecting costs of planned activities
- Administer hiring and payroll for a diverse set of ALIA fellows by collecting hours and submitting them to payroll in a timely manner
- Manage AILA fellows by assigning duties, monitoring progress, and facilitating communications among fellows
- Arrange and facilitate weekly AILA fellow meetings – secure meeting space, prepare agendas, lead the meeting and discussions, take and post minutes
- Coordinate AILA events, which may include guest lectures, panel discussions, technology demonstrations, art exhibitions, live music or dance performances
- Manage AILA publicity including posters and announcements for events, advertising of the AILA website, and handling of press inquiries related to AILA activities
- Work with offices across campus to facilitate the implementation of AILA program elements
- Collect and maintain records for AILA impact metrics including numbers of students attending events, number of posts and participants in the online AILA forum, mentions of AILA in news stories, and other impact metrics to be developed
- Help to prepare AILA annual report
About Amherst College
Amherst is a private, not-for-profit college that for two centuries has prepared students to use ideas to make a difference in the world. At Amherst, you are part of a lively, inquisitive, devoted community of students, faculty, staff and alumni who find inspiration in one another and in the process of learning.
Jobs at Amherst College .
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Amherst College , please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Amherst College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Amherst College are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Amherst College .