Application Programmer – Information Technology
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202200377
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
This position is part of Information Technology's Application Services unit providing software development support for the business and academic needs of Southeast Missouri State University. Job experience and skills will be considered for levels of Application Programmer, Programmer Analyst, or Senior Programmer/Analyst.
- Participates as a collaborative member of an application programming team
- Consults with faculty and staff on the development of new applications and establishing system requirements
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, documents, and implements computer applications, database procedures, web applications and automated reports
- Assists faculty and staff on the use of new applications
- Researches, debugs and resolves application issues
- Supports data integration and assistance with Third Party applications
- Provides reporting and data access to university data for faculty and staff coordinating with campus data stewards
- Researches and evaluates tools and methodologies to enhance software development practices and capabilities
- Participate on committees and perform other duties as assigned
- Data warehousing, datastores, and data governance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or related field; Higher Education work experience a plus
- Experience in Programming; languages such as Microsoft VB.NET, Microsoft ASP.NET or PHP is a plus
- Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL; experience working with Microsoft Access a plus
- Knowledge of web-based application development
- Familiarity with integrated development environments such as Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiarity with web technologies and web services such as HTTP, XML, JSON, CSS, REST and SOAP
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively with clients and co-workers
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current Resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references may be asked for at a later date
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/3734831/application-programmer-information-technology
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.