Effective immediately: (FT) Assistant Professor in the College of Technology's Computer Science and Computer Security Programs – New Castle Campus.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Take good care of our students.
- Teach 10 courses per year, in the classroom, during the daytime schedule.
- Participate in the governance of cybersecurity and computer science curriculum (e.g., academic program review, outcomes assessment).
- Provide forward-thinking, optimistic, and creative leadership for assigned program(s)/courses.
- Ensure the relevancy of the curriculum remains current and futuristic.
- Meet with the program(s) advisory committee(s) as directed by the Academic Dean, and/or the Academic Director.
- Support the Wilmington University Institutional Priorities.
- Participate in and attend Academic College and University functions (e.g., faculty meetings, Faculty Senate, commencement).
- Comply with the Wilmington University Faculty Handbook and the Teaching Expectations document.
- Create, support, and expand individual and community partnerships in support of the Academic College and its goals.
- Work closely with the academic advisors and/or registrar's office concerning students' progress.
- Demonstrate high levels of competence in oral and written communications with all stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, administration, and the community).
- Assist with the mediation of student grade appeals and academic grievances.
- Promote and foster an inclusive and diverse environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Must demonstrate respect for diversity in the workplace and a commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment that values the contributions of all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Wilmington University
Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit, open-access and accredited institution that serves the unique needs of working adults seeking advancement through higher education. Our diverse degree and certificate programs prepare students for the global marketplace through experience-rich curricula delivered by expert practitioners. Student success is supported through flexible formats, including 100% online options, and affordable tuition rates that are consistently lower than those of regional competitors.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Wilmington University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Wilmington University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Wilmington University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Wilmington University .