Our vision is Engineering for Everyone. Our curriculum will be aligned with the requirements to satisfy future accreditation. We are recruiting students with undergraduate degrees in STEM disciplines and humanities, art, and social sciences. Experiential learning projects will be central to students’ learning.
Our 24-month Master’s in Engineering Management program will constitute a broad, non-specialized engineering education. Rather than earning a degree in only one specific area of engineering, students will gain background in core areas such as materials, computer science, chemical, mechanical, electrical disciplines, project management, and leadership. In addition to the core areas of study, students may select concentration credits of technical electives. The program will emphasize engineering design through experiential learning, at our locations across the US, in space studies, watershed and atmospheric environmental engineering, precision agriculture (in development), and autonomous aviation.
Our program is a multi-disciplinary and project-based engineering master’s degree. It is intended to meet the demand for engineers skilled in various disciplines, combining aspects from traditional engineering studies and liberal arts. The demand arises from the current state of industry, where both the products manufactured and the plants which make the products are progressing towards greater diversity and sophistication. The experiential learning projects will provide analytical and computational levels of resolutions and modeling.
Our program is a major thrust in engineering education to ensure the breadth of learning beyond the technical aspects of the specialist engineering discipline. The student-centric curriculum will emphasize problem-solving, design, and the development of the learning skills of students.
Integrated engineers acquire background in core disciplines such as materials, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and systems involving chemical, electro-mechanical, and biological components. That is layered to include leadership, project management, and communications skills.
Key duties of this position include the following:
- Teach graduate science, technology, and mathematics courses including evening sessions, using multimedia and other technologies as needed.
- Plan and create lectures for in-class discussions and assignments, site visits, field assignments, and practical experiences.
- Assess and assign grades to students for classes where course objectives have been met and successfully completed.
- Return assignments and examination results with instructive feedback.
- Mentor students.
- Create a supportive learning environment that inspires, encourages, and achieves maximum student success culminating in the completion of their degree goals.
- Refer students to tutoring and related student services when appropriate.
- Supervise students in off-campus activities when required.
- Design Project Based Learning opportunities in alignment with the curriculum.
- Create educational STEM opportunities for students through community outreach and business partnerships with a focus on research whenever possible.
- Evaluate, design, and monitor programs that promote excellence in STEM.
About The Wade Institute of Technology
The Wade Institute of Technology (WIT) is a new Palo Alto-based engineering college focused on mitigating the acute underrepresentation of African Americans and students of African descent in the engineering ecosystem. We seek engineering faculty for our Master’s in Engineering Management degree program.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at The Wade Institute of Technology. When inquiring or applying for jobs at The Wade Institute of Technology, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with The Wade Institute of Technology and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The Wade Institute of Technology are posted, please sign up for new job openings at The Wade Institute of Technology.