This position will provide instruction for Southeast Technical College’s (STC) computer systems administration program that will prepare students for entry-level positions in the Network Security field. Instruction will include classroom and laboratory application delivery for analyzing, testing, troubleshooting, and evaluating network (LAN/WAN), and internet systems. This position is also responsible for the structure as well as the daily operation of the program, including organization, administration, periodic review, and evaluation, continued development, and general effectiveness of program curriculum. Ensures effectiveness of all internship and clinical affiliates and education centers are maintained. Continually assesses and enhances the program to meet STCs educational requirements, the rules and regulations of its accrediting bodies, and the most current industry standards.
Develop and teach competency-based curriculum that provides classroom theory and laboratory application that prepares students for entry-level positions in the program field.
- Promote academic achievement through appropriate classroom rigor and establish student success as a primary teaching goal.
- Establish a positive learning environment that promotes dignity, self-respect, safety, and personal and professional growth.
- Monitor and assess student classroom effort and assignments.
- Build good interpersonal relationships and establish positive rapport with students, colleagues, and program committees.
- Coordinate applicable clinical and internships sites and schedules for student assessment.
- Utilize the community as a learning resource and as an extension of the classroom.
- Mentor part-time program staff for academic and non-academic content.
- Assist Administration with monitoring and maintaining program accreditation requirements.
- Maintain program acumen and apply new knowledge acquired through professional growth activities and technical education.
- Complete non-teaching, department-related responsibilities that include student recruitment, and retention, and as an active participant in business, team, and program committees.
- Utilize the Learning Management System to deliver courses that may include traditional, hybrid, online, evening or weekend format.
- Perform other duties as assigned
About Southeast Technical College
Thanks for your interest in employment at Southeast Technical College. We strive to staff our organization with employees knowledgeable passionate in their area of expertise and provide opportunities for professional growth and lifelong learning.
Southeast Tech is part of the Sioux Falls School District and provides full-time employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance; basic life, supplemental life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts<span data-contrast="none">; and paid leave, among other benefits.
Jobs at the Southeast Technical College.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at the Southeast Technical College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the Southeast Technical College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the Southeast Technical College are posted, please sign up for new job openings at the Southeast Technical College.