Eastern Michigan University
School of Information Security & Applied Computing
Position: Director – School of Information Security & Applied Computing
The School of Information Security & Applied Computing (SISAC) in the GameAbove College of Engineering and Technology at Eastern Michigan University (EMU) invites applications for a School Director position. SISAC, as a designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Education by the National Security Agency. The school offers undergraduate degree programs in Cybersecurity and Information Technology (IT). In addition, the school offers a master’s degree in Cybersecurity and a doctoral degree in Technology with a concentration in Cybersecurity. The anticipated start date is August 20, 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidates will be:
- Administering and directing the developmental, personnel, financial, and operational
activities of the School in collaboration with faculty.
- Preparing and monitoring the departmental budget for personnel services, supplies,
maintenance, and equipment, as well as other grants and contracts.
- Ensuring alignment of departmental goals with college and university goals.
- Providing departmental leadership in the development of new initiatives/programs and
revision of existing ones.
- Evaluating faculty performance for tenure, promotion, and salary adjustment
recommendations to the Dean of the College.
- Planning, developing, and scheduling departmental course offerings, advising students
and supporting faculty regarding such matters as curricular requirements, transfer of
- Undertaking outreach initiatives to two-year colleges for articulation agreements.
- Managing availability of classes and academic problems and/or grievances.
- Recruiting and interviewing prospective faculty.
- Advising and assisting the College Dean in program and policy development.
- Administering and managing school resources.
- Participating in local, national, and professional associations to continue academic
development and promote the University.
- Establishing and maintaining public relations activities with governmental, educational,
civic, and community agencies.
- Cultivating alumni and other donor connections to garner financial support for
departmental projects and programs.
- Approving school listings in graduate and undergraduate catalogs,
- Consulting with department faculty at periodic staff meetings and as needed.
- Administering collective bargaining master agreements,
- Teaching a school course or equivalent during one or more semesters.
- Performing related departmental duties as required,
- Providing mentorship and support to tenure track faculty in teaching, service, and research/scholarly activities.
- Building research teams to target high-valued research opportunities.
About Eastern Michigan University, School of Information Security and Applied Computing
Eastern Michigan University is among the most diverse public universities in Michigan, with a strategic focus on equity and inclusion in its core mission. Founded in 1849, Eastern is the second oldest public university in Michigan. It currently serves more than 15,000 students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, specialist, doctoral and certificate degrees in the arts, sciences and professions. In all, more than 300 majors, minors and concentrations are delivered through the University's Colleges of Arts and Sciences; Business; Education; Engineering and Technology; Health and Human Services; and, its graduate school. In 2022, EMU was ranked by U.S. News and World Report in the category of social mobility. The ranking reflects Eastern's core value of being a welcoming institution of opportunity.
Jobs at Eastern Michigan University.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at Eastern Michigan University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Eastern Michigan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Eastern Michigan University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Eastern Michigan University.