Faculty – Non-Tenure Track, Professional in Residence – Computer Science
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Faculty
Job Number: FY2402012
Closing: 3/18/2024 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Division: College of Technology/Computing
The Department of Computer Science (www.uvu.edu/cs) invites applications for two non-tenuretrack faculty Professional in Residence positions to begin July 1, 2024.
The computer science professional in residence teaches undergraduate courses that include core computer science, networking, secure applications, web development, artificial intelligence (AI), data science, and software engineering. In addition, the professional in residence is engaged service-wise with the community through activities, such as community outreach, industry partnering, and curriculum alignment to meet the needs of industry partners. Faculty may be required to teach day, evening, live streaming, online, or hybrid courses.
Utah Valley University places a strong emphasis on teaching. Faculty members are expected to develop a learning environment and activities that help students achieve their learning objectives. UVU is committed to fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We recognize the need to develop a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body and encourage applicants with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and expertise to apply.
The Computer Science Department offers ABET-accredited degrees in BS Computer Science and Software Engineering. The BS CS includes emphases in Computer Science, Full Stack Web Development, and Secure Computing. The department also offers a Master of Computer Science for working professionals, a BS in Computational Data Science, a BAS in Software Development, and a BS on Computer Science Education to train future high school CS teachers.
The department will accept all qualified applications but is particularly interested in applicants with experience in databases, graphics, data science, robotics, web development, or artificial intelligence.
Utah Valley University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and retirement contribution.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related academic field from an accredited institution.
Demonstrated strength in and a passion for teaching.
Ability to teach general computer science topics, including practical software development skills.
Expertise in teaching mathematical subjects related to computer science such as discrete structures, analysis of algorithms, artificial intelligence, and the theory of computation is desirable.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with computer science subject matter.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields: software development, computer network applications, web programming, secure application development, cloud computing, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and databases.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong program coordination skills
- Effective verbal and technical written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, agency administrators, and community practitioners from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret the University's core values (serious, inclusive, engaged) as they apply to student internships.
- Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
- Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
- Ability to use a classroom learning management system, such as Canvas.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Utah Valley University
Utah Valley University is the largest public university in Utah, and one of a few in the nation offering a dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college. The unique model, which focuses on student success, engaged learning, rigorous academic programs, and faculty-mentored research, is transforming higher education by making it more affordable and accessible to students of all backgrounds.
Overall, Utah Valley University places a strong emphasis on teaching. Faculty members are expected to develop a learning environment and activities that help students achieve their learning objectives. UVU is committed to fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We recognize the need to develop a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body and encourage applicants with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and expertise to apply.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Utah Valley University. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Utah Valley University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Utah Valley University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Utah Valley University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Utah Valley University.