- Teaching four courses per semester (4-4 load), including undergraduate courses in the fields of data analytics and information systems, such as Data Preparation and Management, Statistics and Data Visualization with R, Data Systems, Introduction to Programming, Programming in Python, Machine Learning, Information Systems, or other courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and the emerging needs of the School.
- Developing data analytics curricula and programs/course content with applied learning activities, providing academic advising and mentoring to students.
- Holding other service obligations such as attending faculty meetings, serving on committees, supervising student clubs, and organizing extracurricular activities.
- Engaging in the School of Business and local/professional community activities to remain professionally qualified for the position
About SUNY Geneseo
Founded in 1871, SUNY Geneseo is a premier public liberal arts college. Nationally recognized for excellence and value in the liberal arts, Geneseo is known for its exceptional faculty, its welcoming atmosphere, and its reputation for producing successful alumni.
Located on 220 acres in the historic Village of Geneseo, and a short drive from Rochester and Buffalo, Geneseo offers a warm environment for learning and discovery. The campus embodies the classic aesthetic of Northeastern colleges with brick walkways, shade trees, and ivy-draped buildings.
We are a distinctive public liberal arts college that welcomes and inspires students to develop their knowledge and skills to build a better world. Our supportive, inclusive community is exceptional in cultivating creativity, engagement, and discovery. We find strength in diversity, joy in growth, and fulfillment in lifelong learning.
We will cultivate a distinctive, equity-centered, public honors college experience that propels learners to positively impact society.
The Geneseo campus community is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to the following values:
- Learning: Embracing high expectations for intellectual inquiry, critical thinking, scholarly exploration, and personal growth.
- Creativity: Empowering a spirit of innovation that inspires intellectual curiosity, self-expression, and problem-solving.
- Belonging: Welcoming a diverse campus community that supports and celebrates
different identities, promotes equity and inclusion, and respects the ideas and
contributions of each individual.
- Civic Engagement: Encouraging active participation grounded in self-reflection,
empathy, and an ethical commitment to the common good of our local and global
- Sustainability: Building a culture of well-being that integrates and applies principles of
environmental, social, and economic stewardship informed by an understanding of the
past and our obligations to the future.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at SUNY Geneseo. When inquiring or applying for jobs at SUNY Geneseo, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with SUNY Geneseo and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at SUNY Geneseo are posted, please sign up for new job openings at SUNY Geneseo.