Librarian – Metadata and Cataloging
Job Category: Academic Affairs
Requisition Number: LIBRA002667
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USA
The A.T. Still Memorial Library at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (ATSU) is excited to welcome applications for the position of Metadata and Cataloging Librarian on our Kirksville, Missouri campus. This vital role plays a significant part in promoting ATSU's core values of whole person healthcare, scholarship, community health, interprofessional education, diversity, and underserved populations. Reporting to the Assistant University Library Director/Campus Head at the Kirksville campus, the Metadata and Cataloging Librarian will not only be responsible for cataloging, digitizing, and other collection management duties but will also champion inclusivity and accessibility within our library resources. If you are passionate about preparing compassionate health professionals dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of communities, we encourage you to apply.
Major Job Duties
- Catalogs collections using the LC and NLM cataloging and classification systems while ensuring inclusivity and diversity representation in catalog entries.
- Assists with the management of the library's electronic resources, primarily updating holdings in eBook and serials collections, and enhancing their discoverability in the catalog, discovery layer, and other outlets, with a focus on inclusive content.
- Helps train, evaluate, and guide staff on all campuses to ensure compliance with national and local standards for cataloging and metadata, promoting diversity and equity in the process.
- Creates original catalog records for contribution to OCLC, maintaining the accuracy of the library's catalog records with a commitment to inclusive language.
- Enhances cataloging provided by other libraries and vendors, assists with authority control, and oversees the bulk loading of bibliographic records into the library catalog, emphasizing inclusivity and equitable representation.
- Works collaboratively with other librarians and paraprofessionals to manage access to collections and further digital project initiatives that prioritize diverse voices and perspectives.
- Manages Still ScholarWorks, ATSU's institutional repository, with a dedication to promoting a wide range of scholarly contributions from diverse authors and backgrounds.
- Delivers high-level customer service, including answering questions, recommending resources, and providing instruction and/or educational sessions, always considering the diverse needs of library patrons.
- Seeks innovative ways to improve efficiency and customer service while fostering an inclusive an welcoming library environment.
- Leads digital library projects that champion inclusivity and diversity in digital collections, ensuring they reflect a wide range of perspectives and voices.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and configuring the library's ILS, discovery system, and other collection management tools, with a focus on enhancing access to diverse resources and ensuring an inclusive user experience.
- Maintains currency in knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and technical skills to support new initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the library's services and collections.
- Creates entry points to access print and electronic collections.
- Maintains the library's ILS system within a consortia environment.
- Manages ATSU 2023-2024 migration to Ensco's Folio system in conjunction with the MOBIUS consortium.
- Curates metadata files for export to external (ex OCLC) and internal/external partners.
- Provides reference services on an as-needed basis at the Kirksville, Missouri, campus.
- Leads assigned technology-related projects and troubleshooting when needed.
- Serves on library and university committees, as well as being active within professional library organizations.
Requirements and Preferences
- ALA-accredited MLS degree.
- Familiarity and knowledge of cataloging and metadata standards such as Dublin Core.
- Familiarity with creating and editing metadata for digital resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively with other including faculty, students, and staff.
- Ability to work with people virtually.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency using OCLC and performing original and copy cataloging.
- Familiarity with library computer databases and tools.
- 1-2 years of cataloging or tech services experience preferred.
- Experience with Innovative's Sierra or Ebsco's Folio preferred.
- Institutional repository management a plus.
About A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T. Still University (ATSU) began as the nation's first college of osteopathic medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences comprising three colleges and four schools on three campuses and online. Today, ATSU offers master's degrees across the health profession disciplines and doctorates in osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health administration, health education, health sciences, medical sciences, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
A.T. Still University's Missouri campus is located in Kirksville, a growing community with a rich history in education and osteopathic healthcare. Within easy driving distance of major cities such as Columbia, St. Louis and Kansas City, Kirksville offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities. A.T. Still University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About A.T. Still University
A.T. Still University (ATSU) of Health Sciences is the founding institution of osteopathic healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still, DO. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of three campuses (Mesa, Arizona; Santa Maria, California; and Kirksville, Missouri) on more than 200 acres with seven prestigious schools. The culturally rich learning environments include residential and online healthcare related graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide. ATSU has more than 1,300 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,900 students from 20 countries.
ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as a multidisciplinary healthcare educator. The University is focused on integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in both healthcare education and correlated research.
ATSU instills within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities where needs are greatest. Inspired to influence whole person healthcare, ATSU graduates contribute to the future of integrated care while also leading with a selfless passion in the communities they serve.
Jobs at A.T. Still University. When inquiring or applying for positions at A.T. Still University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at A.T. Still University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at A.T. Still University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at A.T. Still University.