About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Institute of Diversity Sciences (IDS) Program Manager will ensure the smooth operation of the online Leadership Academy Program for students traditionally under-represented in computer science and engineering, which is part of an NSF-sponsored Research Coordination Network. The Leadership Academy is an academic year mentorship program that includes a virtual six-week course that meets 3 times a week and runs from July thru mid August. The Program Manager manages a Sloan fellowship program for underrepresented students helping connect them to experiential research opportunities and expose them to graduate degree programs during the academic year. This position coordinates a faculty learning community for faculty advisors to these students.
- Develops and maintains a program timeline, coordinates planning meetings, creates meeting agendas, distributes action items, and influences team members to deliver action items on time, delivering a high-quality product.
- Establishes and maintains a tracking system for applications, student participants, scholarships, mentors, speakers, program evaluation, and the overall program.
- Manages the onboarding process for students and mentors.
- Coordinates planning meetings, conducts logistics, and provides technical support for the planning and operations of the course, speaker series, and mentorship program.
- Manages and executes all financial and budget procedures, including budgeting and financial tracking, student scholarships, and timely payment to consultants.
- Manages marketing and outreach for the program to recruit students, speakers, and mentors, including creating and distributing marketing materials.
- Coordinates all communications on multiple media platforms reaching internal and external parties, including but not limited to, students, instructors, mentors, etc. Communications will generally focus on applications, scholarships, meetings, classes, and events.
- Manages technical aspects of course curriculum, the speaker series and mentoring program. Coordinates collaboration between the leaders of the program, instructors, students, mentors, researchers, professional staff, and invited industry speakers.
- Keeps all records in compliance with various functional processes and requirements.
- Works collaboratively and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Works in partnership with colleagues within the community and across partner universities to support strategic priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the mission and goals of the University and the Institute of Diversity Sciences.
About University of Massachusetts Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural suburban setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
When inquiring or applying for jobs within the University of Massachusetts Amherst, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the University of Massachusetts Amherst and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Massachusetts Amherst are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.