Senior Network Systems Engineer – Information Technology
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202400020
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Department: Information Technology
Senior Network Systems Engineer
- Monitor network performance, analyze network traffic, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to all network problems
- Plan, design and implement the campus network topology
- Create and maintain firewalls for network security
- Develop, implement, and monitor network security strategies
- Manage the campus IP space
- Design and maintain VLANs and subnets to optimize the network
- Provide support for core TCP/IP services (DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Plan installation of network switches and other network hardware
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi connection issues
- Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for network administration as needed for existing or new systems
- Management of servers and application environments critical to network services
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Work with IT management on disaster recovery solutions for all systems and applications
- Analyze and recommend solutions to improve overall performance, redundancy, and scalability of infrastructure
- Perform research on new technologies and provide findings through verbal presentations and written reports
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Senior level should have four years of network administration experience; Eight years network administration experience can be substituted for the bachelor's degree
- Experience with Windows Server and UNIX operating systems
- Experience setting and maintaining firewalls
- Experience setting up and administering TCP/IP services such as DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.
- Experience in a multi-platformed network environment
- Detailed knowledge of various LAN topologies and wiring methods
- Experience in network monitoring and troubleshooting related to network performance, including availability, utilization, and throughput
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of applications and hardware in a networked environment
- Available after hours and/or on weekends to install and maintain hardware or software components and to troubleshoot any network service interruptions
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of quality customer service
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by February 9, 2024.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current Resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references may be asked for at a later date
About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO): Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University.