Effective immediately: (FT) Assistant Professor in the College of Technology's Computer Science and Computer Security Programs – New Castle Campus.
Incumbent must have a doctoral degree (D.B.A., Ed.D., Ph.D., etc.) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; or, have a master's degree and begin course work in a doctoral degree program within the first year of hire with continuous enrollment until degree completion.
The incumbent must have excellent skills in oral/written communication, customer service, and organization/time management. Must be detail oriented and able to work with a diverse population. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently. Must be computer literate and willing to complete Hybrid Online Training (HOT). Must be proficient using all Microsoft Office products. Must become proficient in using Cognos, Canvas, CATS, etc. Must be committed to team building and collaboration as well as maintaining effective working relationships with all staff, students, and stakeholders. Must have a knowledge of outcomes assessment and program evaluation. Must develop a thorough knowledge of course scheduling procedures and university adjunct faculty/personnel policy. Must develop knowledge and skill in managing student issues and/or complaints and carrying out University policies. The incumbent must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all situations. Position is slated to begin Fall, 2023.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Take good care of our students.
- Teach 10 courses per year, in the classroom, during the daytime schedule.
- Participate in the governance of cybersecurity and computer science curriculum (e.g., academic program review, outcomes assessment).
- Provide forward-thinking, optimistic, and creative leadership for assigned program(s)/courses.
- Ensure the relevancy of the curriculum remains current and futuristic.
- Meet with the program(s) advisory committee(s) as directed by the Academic Dean, and/or the Academic Director.
- Support the Wilmington University Institutional Priorities.
- Participate in and attend Academic College and University functions (e.g., faculty meetings, Faculty Senate, commencement).
- Comply with the Wilmington University Faculty Handbook and the Teaching Expectations document.
- Create, support, and expand individual and community partnerships in support of the Academic College and its goals.
- Work closely with the academic advisors and/or registrar's office concerning students' progress.
- Demonstrate high levels of competence in oral and written communications with all stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, administration, and the community).
- Assist with the mediation of student grade appeals and academic grievances.
- Promote and foster an inclusive and diverse environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Must demonstrate respect for diversity in the workplace and a commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment that values the contributions of all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours of Employment: Generally, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Incumbent must be flexible enough with their hours and availability to meet the needs of the College and/or the University). The incumbent's schedule must be flexible enough to cover both teaching and meeting responsibilities. Travel to other University sites may be required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Wilmington University
Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit, open-access and accredited institution that serves the unique needs of working adults seeking advancement through higher education. Our diverse degree and certificate programs prepare students for the global marketplace through experience-rich curricula delivered by expert practitioners. Student success is supported through flexible formats, including 100% online options, and affordable tuition rates that are consistently lower than those of regional competitors.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Wilmington University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Wilmington University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Wilmington University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Wilmington University .