The instructor is responsible for planning, preparing, delivering, and evaluating face-to-face, asynchronous and synchronous instruction in Computer Information System at Hawkins, Texas. In addition, the instructor performs other duties as directed by the Dean of the Division of Professional Studies. The appointment is a full-time position for nine months with a possibility of two months of summer employment
- Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract.
- Prepare course materials
- Provide students syllabus that delineates course objectives, learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, textbooks, reading assignments timelines, evaluation criteria, and other deliverables.
- Use the College’s learning management system to post syllabi, assignments, and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of business concepts.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, or examinations; provide feedback promptly on student progress.
- Be available for student consultation during office hours.
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, and submit class rosters and grades by the deadlines established by the College.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available, and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Meet with the Dean or Lead Professor as needed to discuss all aspects of the course, including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development)
- Advise and enroll students.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Possesses current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Demonstrates teaching effectiveness for diverse learners
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Knows how to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Can deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Knows how to use instructional technology effectively
- Has respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Can communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possesses good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Can establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- Possesses experience in online, face-to-face, and hybrid teaching format
- Has a record of engaging in intellectual contributions
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- The Division Dean evaluates the performance of this job following provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assume responsibility for their professional growth and development, keeping current on best practices in the area of responsibility.
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics
About Jarvis Christian University
Located in beautiful Hawkins, Texas, Jarvis Christian University private, co-ed Historically Black Liberal Arts, four-year institution with a rich history and high standards of educational excellence.
Founded in 1912, we are affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)., The mission of the University is to prepare a diverse population of lifelong learners intellectually, socially, spiritually, and personally through providing interactive services and using varied modalities of instructional delivery.
Jarvis Christian is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and, this year, is celebrating 110 years of educating students.
Jarvis Christian offers programs in Criminal Justice, Business Management, Religion, Data Analytics and Cybersecurity and attracts a diverse student body from 22 states and cover 60 nations.
To see additional information about our job openings or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job postings.
Jobs at Jarvis Christian University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian University .