A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Position: Full-time, tenure-track Emergency Management Faculty
Posting: March 2023 Start date: 01 September 2023
Position Number: FY23-24
Division: Academic; Emergency Management Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Application Deadline: First review: 1 April 2023
Supervision Received: Reports to the Chair of the Department of Emergency Management and to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Supervision exercised: Supervises student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Ability to teach an academic course load of 12 credits per semester (Fall and Spring) of college-level courses within the Emergency Management Department. Teaching responsibilities would primarily include Emergency Management and Homeland Security topic areas, along with related departmental courses as needed. The department’s curriculum may be viewed on the Massachusetts Maritime Academy’s website.
- Regular curriculum development and improvement.
- Participation in various academic committees in support of the Department and Academy.
- Participation in Emergency Management Department Experiential Learning Programs.
- Service as an academic advisor to assigned student advisees.
- All teaching positions at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy require computer literacy, excellent written and oral communication skills, and an understanding of the Academy's unique mission.
About Massachusetts Maritime Academy
The Academy is located at the mouth of the Cape Cod Canal. The more than 55-acre, oceanfront campus is just minutes away from Cape Cod’s quaint villages, sandy beaches, harbors, and lighthouses, with access to the islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. Boston and Providence are both within an hour by car. Everything you could possibly want is within your reach and you’ll wake up everyday with a sea view.
When inquiring or applying for positions within the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the Massachusetts Maritime Academy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy.