Gen Cyber Program Support
Gen Cyber Program Support
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
College of DuPage seeks program support for the GenCyber program. This is a part-time, grant-funded opportunity, for support of the summer GenCyber student and teacher camps and year-round events. Please visit cod.edu/gencyber for more information.
- Coordinate weekly summer camps including: room reservations for camps; food requisition through Sodexo and other vendors (snacks/lunch), required CEU paperwork for teachers and students, required paperwork for GenCyber staff.
- Coordinate with internal departments and the Institutional Team as needed to plan, implement, and accomplish GenCyber grant objectives. Communicate status updates to GenCyber team.
- Through a variety of mediums, recruit middle and high school teachers and students interested in various aspects of cybersecurity, including the distribution of fliers (paper and digital) and other on campus STEM events with secondary students. Track enrollment, registration and cancellations.
- In coordination with COD GenCyber team, provide oversight to site supervisor, student aides, youth aides, site monitor. Ensure all employees adhere to College and GenCyber requirements. Process payroll for GenCyber camps and other events throughout the year.
- Facilitate procurement process for GenCyber supplies and materials.
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, a cover letter including a list of three references, a statement of teaching philosophy and/or current curriculum vita.
- Associate's degree or higher
- Must have advanced computer skills, including data collection, to meet job requirements, minimally Word and Excel.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication and customer relation skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, results driven, self-starter, problem solver, and ability to maintain a prominent level of confidentiality.
- Experience working with adult students and providing support is preferred.
- Previous experience event planning, program support, or project management.
Work schedule will be in conjunction with GenCyber camps and year-round events. 10-20 hours per week in June-July, fewer hours throughout the year.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply, visit https://cod.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1130?c=cod
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About College of DuPage
Since its inception in 1967, College of DuPage has matured into something very special. It's a community college with far-reaching impact. We're firmly rooted in the community that provides our mandate, yet committed to reflecting the needs and demands of an ever-changing world.
From our faculty through to our Board of Trustees, we understand the importance of remaining relevant on multiple levels: interpersonal, academic, civic, cultural and economic. With a steady eye on regional, national and international developments, College of DuPage fulfills its mission as an educational and economic agent of change for the residents it serves.
Beyond all other considerations, though, we are educators, devoted to the idea that knowledge is transformative. We believe there are few things more powerful than a mind engaged. We are excited by the possibilities ignited when knowledge is imparted through meaningful discourse, in the service of realizing each and every one of our community member's full potential.
We invite you to find out more about the world-class institution available to you and your family, right here at home.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at the College of DuPage. When inquiring or applying for jobs at the College of DuPage, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the College of DuPage and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the College of DuPage are posted, please sign up for new job openings at the College of DuPage.