Prairie View A&M University
Google Endowed Professor (Computer Science)
Google Endowed Professor (Computer Science)
Prairie View A&M University
Department Of Computer Science
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The position is grant-funding or support by restricting funding. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricting funding.
The Roy G. Perry College of Engineering and Department of Computer Science invites applications for the position of Google Endowed Professor.
- Build the reputation of the department, the College, and the University; provide leadership by continuing outstanding scholarly activity and research which impacts and contributes to the department, the profession, and society, develop innovative educational programs and curricula and foster collaborations across the College, University, and industry.
- Develop an intellectual community and mentor junior faculty by having monthly events where faculty come together to share research, exchange work-in-progress, and office feedback; bring scholars to campus for a visiting speakers series; recruit new faculty members; and recruit and supervise high-quality graduate and undergraduate students.
- Operate within the department as a regular faculty member involves interacting fully with other faculty members; teach a reduced course load of both undergraduate and graduate courses; undertake responsibilities for student supervision and committee assignments.
- Communicate with Google when arranged or appropriate by informing Google about news regarding appointees and their programs; and prepare a one-to-two-page annual impact report which provides Google a brief summary of activities in the programs(s).
Required Education & Experience:
- Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline and qualify for appointment as Full Professor.
- While all specializations will be considered, candidates who can collaborate with current computer science and engineering faculty on research are encouraged to apply, especially in the fields of Cybersecurity and Data Science.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate a record of high-quality research, publication record, and track-record of external funding.
- As an Endowed Professor, the successful candidate is expected to use expertise to bolster collaborative research within the Computer Science Department, College of Engineering and beyond, and mentor junior computer science faculty members.
- Moreover, candidates must have the ability to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels and advise students as they work on their Senior Design projects and graduate projects and thesis. Candidates must also perform service at in the department, College, University, and the professional community-at-large levels.
- Ability to help lead our Data Science effort in both curriculum development and research activities.
- Prior experience in ABET accreditation.
Job Posting Close Date:
- Open Until Filled
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-TX/Google-Endowed-Professor_R-045476-1?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d0798fa26784294aa53e8e5553478db8
About Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University is a part of the Texas A&M University System and the second oldest institution in the state of Texas. The campus is located approximately 40 miles northwest of downtown Houston. Prairie View A&M University is committed to excellence through teaching, research and service since 1876.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University