Lab Technician & Lecturer – Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
The University of Texas Permian Basin's College of Engineering welcomes applications for the position of Lab Technician & Lecturer
$70,000.00 depending on qualifications
As a member of the laboratory and instructional support team for the College of Engineering, this position provides critical services for the day-to-day operation of all instrumentation facilities in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Primary areas of responsibility include the operation, training, and maintenance of complex analytical laboratory instrumentation. Supervision and instruction of students in laboratories are also required. The position may involve the supervision of employees and students.
Operation and Maintenance
- The initial selection, purchase, testing, and installation of all teaching and research laboratory equipment.
- The continuous maintenance, repair, and calibration of all teaching and research laboratory equipment.
- Develop preventive maintenance and instrument replacement schedules for all lab equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems and repair (or coordinate repair) of instrumentation as needed or requested by the Department Coordinators/Chairs and/or Dean of Engineering.
- Reduce the cost of repairing equipment while maintaining or increasing the quality of repairs.
- Ensure proper levels of laboratory consumables, chemicals, and supplies in the laboratories.
- Maintains a safe laboratory environment.
- Conducts evaluations of new equipment and computer software.
- Coordinate the troubleshooting, software update and contract renewals with the ITS.
- Students and faculty's logistical and technical support in laboratory experiments and projects.
About University of Texas Permian Basin
The University of Texas Permian Basin is located in Odessa, Texas. It was authorized by the Texas Legislature in 1969 and founded in 1973. The Permian Basin is one of the fastest-growing, culturally vibrant, economically invigorated regions of the country – full of industry, culture, and wide-open spaces. At the academic heart of this area sits The University of Texas Permian Basin – which every year, delivers smart, savvy leaders across the U.S.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, learning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing the technology and public interests of West Texas.
Our vision is that the University of Texas Permian Basin will be an innovative, responsive university that thinks large and lives local. We will lead in advancing education, research, economic competitiveness, and cultural enrichment.
Visit our social media sites below for more information.
Jobs at the University of Texas Permian Basin.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at the University of Texas Permian Basin, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the University of Texas Permian Basin and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Texas Permian Basin are posted, please sign up for new job openings at the University of Texas Permian Basin.