Lecturer, Data Analytics
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Department of Math & Computer Science at Rollins College invites applications for a full-time lecturer in data analytics, beginning in August 2023.
Since its introduction in 2020, our interdisciplinary data analytics minor has quickly grown into one of the most popular programs on campus. The program brings together faculty and courses from the social sciences, business, computer science, and mathematics to offer advanced training in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, and statistics.
This is an interdisciplinary search open to candidates with a Master's or doctoral degree in any relevant area—including but not limited to Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Business—or a degree in another area and significant experience in quantitative methods.
The teaching load is four courses per semester. The successful candidate should be able to teach a range of courses, including a core course in the Fundamentals of Data Analytics and upper-level analytics-related electives. We seek a colleague who can cast a vision for analytics at Rollins, including developing new courses and collaborating with other faculty in crafting the future of the program. The ability to contribute to the college's liberal arts general education program is highly valued.
Named a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education for 14 consecutive years, Rollins is a top-tier private liberal arts institution. Founded in 1885, Rollins was the first recognized college in Florida and is a significant force in the Central Florida community. Rollins has been listed for seven consecutive years on the Chronicle of Higher Education's list of “Great Colleges to Work For” and was named the #1 “Most Beautiful Campus” in the nation by Princeton Review in 2016. Winter Park is a beautiful community nestled within the dynamic Orlando metro area in Central Florida, a region that has recently been ranked #1 in the U.S. for job growth. Cost of living is very reasonable and opportunities for year-round entertainment and outdoor activities are second to none. Beyond the obvious theme park and hospitality focus, the region also has a burgeoning high tech sector including a substantial focus on simulation, and also is a leading market in health care innovation. The Orlando area is a great community for families to put down roots. Click here to learn more about Rollins College!
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in a field related to data analytics or quantitative analysis (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business) or a Master's degree in another area with extensive training in quantitative methods.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages, tools, and frameworks used in modern analytics work, such as R, the Python data science ecosystem, SQL, SAS, and Amazon Web Services. Experience with business analytics tools such as Excel and Tableau has value, but is not a substitute for this requirement.
- Willing and able to support a diverse student body and encourage the participation of women and other traditionally underrepresented groups in quantitative fields.
- Experience with, interest in, or appreciation of the ideals of liberal education.
- Interest in developing new classes for non-majors.
- Ability and desire to continually learn and maintain up-to-date skills in both software development and pedagogy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Maintains professional and respectful interactions with students, staff, and faculty.
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness in relevant classes, which may include data analytics courses or related courses such as Introduction to Statistics. Candidates without significant prior teaching experience may be considered if they demonstrate strength in other areas, such as an in-demand specialization.
- Professional work experience in an analytics-related position and familiarity with the job market for students with analytics training.
- Research experience (including publications) in a relevant area.
Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants must apply online via the College's employment website and upload the following materials as follows:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Provide three reference names and contact information on application
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to:
Dr. Dan Myers
Chair of the search committee
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493481/lecturer-data-analytics
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-811e2001c5f64b4a920f168d90771410
About Rollins College
When Florida needed a college, we founded one. We’re entrepreneurial like that. More than 135 years later, we’re still hard at work, preparing a new generation of leaders to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Rollins College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Rollins College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Rollins College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Rollins College.