Part-Time Instructional Faculty – Master of Computer Information Technology
Location: Personalized Learning
Job ID: 607346
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
Personalized Learning (PL) incorporates innovative teaching and learning methods. Administered by NAU Online, PL differs from, but complements, the traditional classroom-based academic model, with the goal for students to achieve deeper learning through a personalized approach of multiple, hybrid and more effective learning methods and modalities and within timeframes that best meet the students' needs. Our model combines best learning practices from the educational field to ensure competency, including: shared and open-source content; varying delivery modules such as video and simulations; faculty-led mentorships and tutoring; and customized instruction. Tuition is based on length of time rather than by course or credit hours, providing a financial incentive to the student to complete their degree in a timely or accelerated fashion.
- Part-time (19 hours per week; less than 49% FTE); no benefits provided
- Remote duty station; workspace and equipment not provided
- Position reports to PL Chair and collaborates with Faculty Program Coordinator in academic discipline
- Position requires extensive use of technology; candidate must be comfortable working and communicating in an online environment
- This position requires ability to meet regularly via web-based conferencing and/or via telephone, and periodically in-person at a campus location for team meetings
- A letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references must be included with the online application to be considered for the position
- Communicating predominately in Mandarin, facilitates instruction and assesses student learning outcomes in courses and lessons aligned to area of expertise
- Tutors in area of expertise
- Provides high-touch assessment feedback
- Advocates for resolution of student issues
- Coordinates with Disability Resources about students requiring accommodation
- Maintains and communicates regular hours of availability for synchronous student interaction
- Develops a strong understanding of available problem-solving resources by collaborating with NAU student services staff
- Maintains electronic and academic student files and records, such as email and Salesforce, documenting all pertinent student information
- Supports curricular assignments determined by Faculty Program Coordinator
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers to:
- Review disciplinary curriculum, design, and evaluation
- Identify the learning outcomes and ensure that they are aligned with assessments
- Identify and create learning resources to support course materials and student learning
- Develops rubrics for evaluations and assessment Monitoring of instructional materials to ensure sound academic practices
- Ensures that materials are accessible (Section508ADA) and usable for all learners
- Maintains functioning links and ensures currency course materials
About Northern Arizona University
NAU began as a teachers’ college, and our commitment to building a better tomorrow through education remains our highest priority. Our students, mentored by faculty members who are renowned in their fields, are at the center of all we do.
In the classroom and online, through hands-on experiences in an unparalleled learning environment, and with the NAU community cheering them on, our students discover and hone their ambitions.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Northern Arizona University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Northern Arizona University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Northern Arizona University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Northern Arizona University.